Saturday, June 23, 2007

Is It Time to Move North?

I was disappointed when MSF-USA told me I could not blog anymore due to security risk. Then Olivier sent me the link to the MSF-Canada website, where they are posting blogs from many of their volunteers, and my disappointment turned into irritation with MSF-USA. I should have known it was a MSF-USA thing, rather than an MSF-International policy. Technically I´m contracted by MSF-USA, although I´m working with the MSF-Spain operational section. I suppose I´m offically beholden to MSF-USA´s rules. I wonder if I could contract with the MSF-Canada office next time...Although then I wouldn´t have health insurance when I get back to the US after my mission. Í would have to buy my medicines to de-worm myself out-of-pocket and add my name to the roster of 40 million uninsured Americans.

3 comments:

yatoitoa said...

¿Porqué te vas a ir a la sección canadiense? Vente para la española chiquillaaaa...

Besos,
Ángeles

nomad said...

Si, tienes razon. What was I thinking? I´m spanish at heart, ¿no? I love that tortilla espanola and all....

Laura said...

Those blogs are no good. They don't have the "Found on the living room floor" series. They don't have pictures of Nelly in a tree or roasted pigs head. Let alone stories about Muzungu and the killer sheep. Ok, maybe no good is a bit strong, I'm sure they have their good points, but give me Nelly's unofficial version anyday!