Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My India Stint Starts with an Adventure

I was supposed to fly from NYC to Delhi via London, leaving JFK Sunday Dec 28th, arriving in Delhi on Tuesday Dec 30th at 2am. Fifteen minutes before landing, the captain announced on the loudspeaker that he could not land due to the poor visibility. The plane would be diverted to Mumbai.

Now I'm now stuck at a hotel in Mumbai until further notice. It was a bit scary to arrive in the middle of the night, 2 hours by air from my destination. One billion people in this country, and I don't know anybody! Luckily, I was able to contact the team in Delhi to let them know what happened. I will fly to Delhi as soon as British Air is ready, brief with the team in Delhi, then fly to Bihar state the following day.

3 comments:

Jenny Davidson said...

Arghhhhh! Good luck getting the rest of the way there!

audra said...

So excited for you. Hope you love India.

Anonymous said...

<3