Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bihar India




In three days, I will leave for Bihar India to work on another MSF project. Bihar is one of the poorest States in India. It is in the Northeast part of the country, just south of Nepal and West of Bhutan. The project is on diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of visceral leishmaniasis (also known as Kala-Azar). Kala-Azar is a protozoal infection transmitted by the sandfly. More on this disease in future posts.

I first heard about the project just two weeks ago, when I was in Liverpool, finishing up my tropical medicine course. I have not had enough time prepare for this trip, but I am excited nonetheless. I feel lucky to have the opportunity to work in Asia (my fourth continent in three years!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

nomad said...

thanks anon, I need it.

Jenny Davidson said...

Yes, I hope it goes really well - that is a dreadful disease!

Anonymous said...

So how did it go?

cougars women said...

Hello friend amazing and very interesting blog about Bihar India I really enjoyed reading this blog and I would like to have any update about it, thanks for sharing!!